Clear Ceramic Braces
Clear ceramic braces are a practical alternative to traditional braces, offering the same smile-enhancing benefits without the noticeable look of metal.
Just like traditional braces, clear ceramic braces feature two important components: First, a clear or tooth-colored bracket is attached to each tooth. Next, we thread a tooth-colored wire through the brackets. The brackets may be made of a variety of ceramic and composite materials, but you will usually hear us refer to them as “ceramic”.
Please Note: because these materials are more brittle and sensitive to breakage than stainless steel, a lighter force is used on your teeth during treatment, which may result in a slightly longer treatment time.
Care for ceramic braces is the same as with traditional braces:
- Elastics must be worn at all times and changed daily in order to maintain a consistent force on the teeth.
- Hard, sticky, chewy or crunchy foods must be avoided during treatment time.
- Soreness is normal for several days following the placement of new braces and adjustment appointments. Gargling salt water and over-the-counter pain medications cab help to relieve soreness.
- Braces and wires should be brushed and flossed after each meal.
- Special mouth guards should be worn during sports play.
- If you feel any sharp pain or a sore develops on the soft tissues of your mouth, call us so that we can remedy the situation as soon as possible.
This offer expires on 06/30/2019. New orthodontic patients only. Valid towards comprehensive phase 1 orthodontic treatment up to 24 months. Some cases may be more complex. Applies to mild or moderate malocclusions only. No other offers apply. Adult fee codes: D0150;D1110;D1120;D0210, D0274, D3960;D8080 The patient and any other person responsible for payment has a right to refuse to pay, cancel payment or be reimbursed for any other service, examination or treatment that is performed as a result of and within 72 hours of responding to the advertisement for the discounted fee and reduced fee service, examination or treatment. Lic DN8140. Offer Expires on 06/30/2019.